I believe that GRATITUDE is the easiest way to change our energy state AND to simply stay in a high energy vibration state all day long. Let me show four quick strategies for staying happy all day:
- Start and end every day in Gratitude: Before you get out of bed in the morning, take a breath and ask yourself, “What am I grateful for today?” Begin mentally listing everything you can think of, one after another. Maybe it’s the way your cat purrs in the morning when you wake up, the sound of the rain against the window, your gorgeous gardens – you get the idea. AND don’t forget to do the same thing every night before you go to sleep. Make it a habit. I promise you will get addicted to it because it works.
- What do you do during the day when you are going crazy multitasking, meeting deadlines, and facing a lot of negativity?Simply take what I call a Perfect Life Pause – just one minute will do the trick! Simply stop what you are doing, take a deep breath … and notice your body. This will bring you into being Present. Now do the same thing you did this morning and begin to mentally list all the things that you are grateful for. Do this with your eyes open or closed. Sometime, just look around the room and, you will see things that you are grateful for. Your whole energy will change. Do this several times a day.
- This is a strategy you can keep for yourself or share with your loved ones and possibly even clients. At my yoga studio, they have aGratitude Journal in the lobby, and everyone is invited to list things that they are grateful for. I suggest you buy a beautiful journal. I found some gorgeous ones at Marshall’s for only $5. Use it to record your daily Gratitude entries.
- My husband and I saw a comedian who told how frustrated he gets with people complaining about their trips when they say things like, “I had the most terrible trip possible. Not only was our plane late, and we had to wait 30 minutes, but then we sat on the tarmac for another 45 minutes. It was awful.”
The comedian said, “What are you talking about?! You’re flying in the air like a bird, going hundreds of miles an hour – sitting in a chair. As soon as you finish your snack and your movie, you will be in LA! It used to take 30 years to go from one coast to the other – people would die and have children!”
Shortly after seeing this, my husband and I were driving downtown in horrible traffic. We were about to complain, but then we both looked at each other, laughed, and repeated the comedian’s story!
This is an excellent analogy to use with others when they go into a state of lack, fear, or resentment … and help them move into a state of Gratitude. This could be especially fun with children!
- Go into gratitude every morning and night
- Take a quick Gratitude Perfect Life Pause several times a day
- Start a Gratitude journal
- Of course, remember the airplane story!
Katana Abbott, CFP® practitioner, is a Life and Legacy Coach™, host of the Smart Women Talk Radio™, founder of the Smart Women Companies with over 1 million subscribers globally, inspirational speaker and author of several books.
She began her financial planning career in 1987 and became a Certified Financial Planner™ practitioner. In 2003, Katana created Smart Women’s Coaching® to offer financial coaching and educational workshops for women in transition who are dealing with caregiving, death of a loved one, divorce, retirement or looking to create or grow a business. She founded Smart Women’s Empowerment in 2008 to bring free financial empowerment resources and programs to women around the world through her team of Contributing Experts. www.katanaabbott.com