Parents are unaware of their children are consuming a daily dose of poison. What I’m referring to is glyphosate, the declared main ingredient in Roundup®, thanks to the dissemination of toxic seeds distributed by Monsanto-now-Bayer.
Monsanto”s product history includes DDT (think Rachel Carson and The Silent Spring), Agent Orange, GMOs, saccharin, PCBs, nuclear weapons, polystyrenes, aspartame, and bovine growth hormones. Parents are unaware of this great harm to their children.
Fun glyphosate facts:
- Nearly 1 lb of glyphosate for every person in the US is sprayed per year.
- It”s water soluble, so our rain and groundwater are also contaminated.
- It”s a patented antibiotic by Monsanto, killing off the beneficial microbes and promoting the growth of the pathogens.
- It binds crucial biologic metals, such as zinc, magnesium and manganese.
- It”s used off-label as a crop desiccant (drying agent) which means at harvest, crops like oats, wheat and legumes contain whopping amounts of glyphosate.
- Roundup Ready crops are GMO and do not die when sprayed – that”s the only reason for the development of GMOs: They will not save the world.
- Once farmers get on the Monsanto/Bayer hamster wheel, it is difficult to get off. What you may not know is how the GMOs and their associated pesticides show up other than the dinner plate. Gauze pads? Sanitary products? Infant formula? Yes, yes, and yes.
Are Regulators Regulating?
The EPA says glyphosate is safe, yet the literature says otherwise. A published study in 2019 showed how glyphosate caused autism in lab animals. The offspring of moms exposed to ambient pesticides showed an increased rate of autism as well.
The courts also disagree with the EPA. Bayer has had significant financial losses and payouts to the victims of glyphosate-based herbicides.
Do You Know Someone Who Doesn”t Have a Gut Problem?
Glyphosate destroys the gut by interference with the gut tight junctions. This disruption causes intestinal leakiness and is responsible for toxic substances entering into the bloodstream, causing inflammation, oxidative stress and disrupting hormones.
What happens in the gut, doesn”t stay in the gut. There is a pathway called the gut-brain axis. Injury to the tight junction membrane in the brain by glyphosate can also disrupt the blood brain barrier and create neurologic mayhem.
However, as we end the glyphosate assault the trick is not to let Big Agri introduce equally or more toxic substitutes, like 2,4-D. The combo of this one-two knock-out punch has been shown to have non-targeted effects on wildlife.
So What Do We Do?
- Stop and Shop – Stop our daily poison and shop organics! Avoid processed foods and stick to the outer aisles of the supermarket.
- Go Italian – Think onions and garlic and include a rainbow of veggies, bone broth soup, apple cider vinegar and fermented foods in your diet.
- Get dirty – Get outside in nature and move away from the screens.
- Grow your own – Plant herbs, microgreens or veggies in your window or garden.
- Filter your water – Decrease the toxic tap water load and your body will thank you.
- Shake the tech addiction – Shut off the router when not in use.
Make Health Regeneration Your Health Hobby
Everywhere you turn, more folks are moving away from the Pharmacy to the Farmacy, which concurrently supports your local farmer! Be part of the movement where the regeneration of your health and your family”s health is your hobby. Here are some links to help you get started:
Dr. Michelle Perro is a veteran pediatrician with over forty years of experience in acute and integrative medicine. Twenty years ago, Dr. Perro transformed her clinical practice to include pesticide and health advocacy. She has directed and worked as attending physician from New York’s Metropolitan Hospital to UCSF Benioff Children’s Hospital, Oakland. Dr. Perro has managed her own business, Down to Earth Pediatrics, creating a new field of integrative urgent care medicine.
Dr. Perro has co-authored the highly acclaimed book, “What’s Making our Children Sick” and is Executive Director of a non-profit scientific-based website, GMO Science (https://www.gmoscience.org). She has authored many publications and has written for the journal, “The Townsend Letter.” She has recently launched the website Regeneration Health International, focusing on educating food as medicine bridging the divide to regenerative farming. Dr. Perro is presently working on her second book, “Making our Children Well.”